Never without nail polish! This seems to be the female trend of recent seasons. Makeup trends require you to present yourself with hands and nails always in perfect order. It is not easy to constantly take care of your manicure and, often, we all prefer to turn to professionals in the field to have well cared for nails for at least a couple of weeks.
The many commitments sometimes prevent us from being constantly followed by a beautician. In order to be always impeccable, many people resort to the do-it-yourself manicure. But when it comes time to take off the semi-permanent nail polish at home, how do you do it? The greatest fear is to ruin your nails, using harmful products or techniques. Don’t worry: here are the advice of Mia Cosmetics for an effective and safe removal of semi-permanent nail polish.
How to remove semipermanent nail gel polish at home
Removing semi-permanent nail polish alone is not as complex an operation as one imagines. It is not a very different operation from removing classic nail polish, but it takes much longer.
What do we need?
A file, semi-permanent nail polish remover, make-up remover discs and tin foil.
Before starting, it is good to remember to follow the instructions, not replacing the products, unless strictly specified and performing all the steps, with care, so as not to have to run to the beautician to repair the damage.
- 1. Let’s start by using the nail file. Scratch away the shiny and superficial part of the nail polish, until it becomes opaque. Be careful not to scratch too much: we only have to remove the shiny part, not all the nail polish!
- 2. Let’s get a solvent remover.This is a different product from the usual acetone, a specific product for semi-permanent nail polish, suitable for completely removing colour and gel from nails.
- 3. We must now apply the solvent to the nails. After dulling them, we prepare compresses with cotton discs soaked in the special solvent. These pads should be applied to the nails so that they adhere completely. The discs placed on the nails should then be wrapped with tin foil. Depending on the instructions on the solvent box, it should remain on the nail polish for about 15 minutes.
- 4. After the time indicated, we release the nails from the wraps: the color should have almost disappeared completely! To remove even the last residue, use a gently used pusher or a wooden stick and remove any remaining pieces softened by the solvent.
A few tricks to remove gel nail polish
Some people suggest applying top coat nail polish on the nails, before removing the semi-permanent, and rub them one by one vigorously with cotton, before the to coat dries, also spraying hairspray. This technique should lead to the melting of the semi-permanent nail polish and the removal of the colour, even without remover.
Can semi-permanent nail polish be removed without acetone?
Someone dares to scratch it off with the file, taking less time, but also damaging the nail. Better not to take any risks and follow the method indicated with the solvent!
Once the semi-permanent has been removed, let’s not forget to nourish our nails with a special cream and let them breathe for a few hours, before reapplying the nail polish. If you have to proceed with a new application of semi-permanent nail polish do not forget to apply a base of reinforcing oil.
Semipermanent nail polish removal: mistakes not to be made
- 1. Don’t file your nails too hard: you’ll end up scratching away not only the gel, but also the nail underneath it, seriously flaking it;
- 2. Have the patience to wait at least 15 minutes before removing disks and foil: the remover needs its time to act!
- 3. Don’t forget to take care of your nails once the cleaning is complete.
With the advice and semi-permanent nail polishes from Mia Cosmetics you will become a true expert in the field, ready to change the colour of your nails whenever you want!